Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Jalapeño Frittata

I didn't have any success with my jalapeno chillies this year, but my dad did. He gave me 12 lovely peppers (thanks Dad!), and I've been looking for a recipe to use them. Here they are:

 

I decided to try the Jalapeno Frittata recipe from Lisa's Kitchen blog. It uses 12 chillies. This seemed an awful lot, especially as when I tried a bit raw it was super spicy. So I only used 8 chillies. 

I needn't have worried though, as Lisa says in the recipe, once they're baked with cheese and eggs they're not hot at all. 


The frittata was really tasty, very satisfying, and really quick and simple to make. We ate it with some green beans, and lettuce and onion salad from the garden.



I harvested the rest of my potatoes yesterday, the Pentland Javelins. Not a massive crop, but they grew well, there's lots of big potatoes. Might use the rest of the jalapenos and make a sag aloo (potato and spinach curry) with these potatoes.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so delighted that you enjoyed the frittata. I had a good harvest this year and I will miss summer because there is nothing more satisfying then picking your own garden grown peppers to include in your dishes. And I love heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get your Mum to cook a Frittata it seems a good use of the Chillis which have cropped so well this year,

    ReplyDelete